Digital camera with printer is not a new concept, so you may not surprise when you hear about the Polaroid Z2300 camera which is packed with built-in printer for instant Photo. Instant online photo sharing has become possible with built-in cameras of mobile phones, so that there is no more space for latest Polaroid camera. But having some attractive features, it will get some space in the market of camera. Polaroid has launched instant digital camera category in 2011 by introducing Z430 and now it has added a fresh digital camera Z2300 in their instant digi-cam series.
Image source: www.retrotogo.com
A new addition of Polaroid’s instant camera is packed with 10-megapixel camera and 3-inch LCD screen for composing and reviewing images. The main feature of the camera is that users can crop images from the display without connecting to a PC. It also enables users to select print for every image they capture or pick and select to save on paper. The dimension of Polaroid Z2300 is 119 x 76 x 35mm. It has equipped with PoGo instant printers.
For printing a photo, it uses 2×3-inch Zink’s Zero Ink printer paper which is a superior composite material with implanted cyan, yellow, and magenta dye crystals. Zink Paper is covered in a protective polymer outer coating, so that captured photos are smudge-proof and long lasting, moisture and UV resistant. Before printing, crystals are completely clear but it converts in appropriate colors when heated by the printer. With this built-in printer camera, users do not need to wait for print of picture because it takes less than a minute to print a single photo.
The looks of Z2300 like a traditional compact point-and-shoot digital camera which is smaller than the first Z430. Users can shoot 720p HD display with 10-mega pixel camera. Users can view video on the rear display with the unit’s built-in speaker offering audio playback. It also comes with built-in mic and flash, video-out port, mini USB port, 32 MB of internal storage, 4 GB of external storage which can be expended up to 32 GB with SD Card Slot and removable battery. Flash gives five different firing modes. You can also add frames in photo as well as print the photo with the classic Polaroid border.
Polaroid Z2300 is also available with basic photographic options to choose from like fixed white balance and image quality settings. People can pre-order Z2300 at the price of US$159.99. It will be hit the US market in mid-August with the price tag of $160. The digital paper will be available in packs of 30 and 50 which will be sold at the price of $15 and $25 respectively.
Polaroid Z2300 Camera features:
- 10 MP digital camera
- 3.0” bright color LCD for viewing images
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Compact in size and usability
- SD compatible for expanded memory, up to 32GB
- Speaker / microphone
- Prints with ZINK Zero ink
Integrated Printer Features:
- 2×3” full-color prints
- Snap, print, share—no computer connections needed
- 2×3” full-color prints
- View and crop images on camera before printing
- Option to print date, file number
- Upload custom borders
- Automatically save photos to camera or SD card for downloading
- Add a fun and useful border to your photo including the Classic Polaroid Border logo format
- Smudge-proof, water-resistant, tear-resistant, photos with better picture quality and sticky back for extra fun
- No Ink. No Hassles. No ink cartridges or ribbons to throw away
- Option to print in black and white and fun shades of the Polaroid logo colors
- Prints under 1 minute