As everything in the technology is changing at a greater speed, e-mail still remains constant. Now, Microsoft has announced a new email service called Outlook.com which is expected to replace the Hotmail soon. The latest version will be completely different from the old version. Outlook.com has got a new appearance unlike the Hotmail where it has got distracting video ads and banners on the home page. The visuals of Outlook are clear-headed and simple; the users will not find any kind of advertisements or videos. Microsoft has given a simple interface with lots of twists to the new and familiar users.
The users can keep their current email id or create a new user id in order to access the Outlook.com. Those users who are creating an Outlook account for the first time will get the 7GB of complimentary SkyDrive storage. Outlook might get the integration of Skype. It can also open attachments inside the Web apps for PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Microsoft expects to deliver its users with new features like spam-filtering and Skype options. In fact, the users can even access Facebook and Twitter where they can post comments and like things as well. Though it is in preview phase, anyone who wishes to have an outlook id can sign up directly.
Step by step instructions for getting the Outlook.com Email Address:
- If you wish to switch on to the latest version, then login to Hotmail.com and hit on the “Upgrade” tab from the menu options. Your password, address, contacts, old email, and rules will remain the same.
- After you enter in the Outlook, press on the “gear” icon. A menu box will appear where you need to click on the ‘More mail settings’.
- On the settings page, hit on the ‘Create a Outlook alias’ from the option ‘Managing your account’. After clicking on the Create a Outlook alias, you will be asked to login again.
- Then you will have to create a new email alias using any of the three email domains such as the Hotmail.com, Outlook.com and Live.com. Thus, you are done with the process.
- You can start using the Outlook id after receiving the confirmation email.