Google has silently released a dedicated Hindi Typing app called Google Hindi Input on Google Play Store. It’s a superb solution for all those people who want to type in Hindi on their Android device. The app enables users to send messages, post updates on social networks, or even compose emails in Hindi. The best part about this application is that it is compatible with any Android smartphone/tablet running on Android 2.2 (Froyo) or later versions. However, a device will accept the app only if it already includes support for Devanagari (Hindi) characters.
By installing the new Google Hindi Input app in the device, the Android users can get a full-fledged Hindi Keyboard with Hindi characters arranged in alphabetical order. Plus in this Hindi keyboard, the consonants are alphabetically ordered into two pages, and users can easily navigate from one page to another by long pressing the page button – “1/2”and “2/2”. In addition to this Hindi keyboard, the app also includes English-to-Hindi transliteration mode in the device. In this mode, you can type Hindi word in English characters and the app will automatically convert those words written in English script to actual words in Devanagari (Hindi) script. Thus, if you don’t want to spend a lot of time in figuring out the Hindi keyboard and typing on it, simply opt for the transliteration mode.
In short, the newly launched app called Google Hindi Input is extremely useful for those Android users who love to communicate with their friends, family members, co-workers, and others in Hindi. So, go ahead and download the Hindi Typing app from the Google Play Store. Now, have a look at the steps mentioned below to know how to install the application and then how to use it.
How to Install Google Hindi Input app on an Android device?
- Head over to the Google Play Store and search for “Google Hindi Input”. Click on “Install” to download the app. Otherwise, you can directly download the app by clicking here.
- Once you install the app, go to Settings –> Language & input and then tick on “Google Hindi Input”.
- In the same Settings option, head over to Default and select “Hindi transliteration”. That’s it! You’re now ready to use the Hindi input app on your device.
How to use Google Hindi Input?
- Toggle the button “aअ”, located on the left side of the “space” key on your English keyboard to turn ON or OFF the transliteration mode. As said earlier, by turning ON the transliteration mode, users can input Hindi words in English fonts and the app will automatically convert those words to Hindi.
- Now, when you turn OFF the transliteration mode, your device will come in normal mode and you can type in English.
- To switch between English and Hindi Keyboard, all you have to do is toggle the globe button sitting next to “aअ” button.
Google Hindi Input for Android video from youtube: