Techtreme.com has created some interesting facts about World Cup 2015 that you love to know and share with your friends.
1. Group A Winning Rhythm
The tally of final point table of Group A is really interesting as you go from bottom to top. Each of team couldn’t register win against its upper level team.
1) Scotland hasn’t defeated any team lying above them.
2) Afghanistan hasn’t defeated any team lying above them.
3) England hasn’t defeated any team lying above them.
4) Bangladesh hasn’t defeated any team lying above them.
5) Sri Lanka hasn’t defeated any team lying above them.
6) Australia hasn’t defeated any team lying above them.
7) New Zealand is on top having defeated all other teams in the Pool.
2. Secrets of Nike Jersey
New Indian team jersey is made by using plastic of 33 recycled bottles (100% recycled polyester). This innovation is done by Nike.
Nike Logo appears on non-leading arm slot of batsman while Star logo appears on leading arm slot. This is because Star bought the leading arm slot (high pay advertisement cost), and Nike bought the non-leading arm (low paid advertisement cost).
3. First World Cup Series that Success to Register 2 double century.
Yes, this is the only world cup series that have broken all the record of previous. Martin Guptill scored 237 from 163 balls and Chris Gayle scored 215 from 147 balls.
4. Biggest Upset: England & Ireland
England can not register enough win to reach quarter final while Ireland in group B has remained impressive. Ireland became the only team which has chased 300+ 3 times in the World Cup.
5. If India or New Zealand win the World Cup, they will win extra Prize Money.
Winning team will awarded $4.3 million grand prize but if that team remains unbeaten then it will be awarded $4.6 million.
6. Father, Son and grand son have seen in qualifying round for the first time as India, Pakistan and Bangladesh have played in the quarter finals.
7. Fact about Group B
West Indies lost to Ireland
Ireland lost to South Africa
South Africa lost to Pakistan
Pakistan lost to West Indies
8. Team India’s New Record in World Cup 2015
Indian has taken 70 wickets in 7 Matches! No team has ever dismissed their oppositions in a World cup.
When ever India has battled First in this World cup it has scored more than 300 Runs.
India Vs Pakistan – 300
India Vs South Africa – 307
India Vs Bangladesh – 302
India has 11 consecutive wins in ICC World Cup.
India didn’t lose any wicket during batting power-play in any of the match
9. JP Duminy became the first South African to get a hatrick in World Cup against Sri Lanka in World Cup 2015 quarter final.
JP Duminy (apart from Pollock, Donald, and Kallis), and only the eighth bowler overall, to register a hat trick at the Cricket World Cup.