The latest update in MX player removes two audio codecs: AC3 and MLP. So many users are facing problem of not running audio in some video formats. Mostly this problem comes when you open video of .MKV or .AVi movie print. You can see only a pictures without any audio or sometime you can not activate dubbed audio. I have also downloaded MX player Audio Coded Pack from Android Play store but it didn’t solved my AC3 Audio format not Supported problem. Let’s check how to get AC3 Audio codec in MX Player.
First to know which is suitable for your phone just Open MX Player then Go to
Settings >> Decoder >> Custom Codec
Download any one of given below coded formats according to your phone.
Custom Codec v1.7.32 rev1 For MX Player 1.7.39-40
Custom Codec v1.8.0 (For MX Player 1.8.0-1.8.3 and 1.8.4.nightly.20160125)
Custom Codec v1.8.6 (For MX Player 1.8.6+)
After downloading appropriate codec, unzip the folder and move extracted codec file to your mobile memory card or inbuilt phone memory. Storing codec file in memory card will be helpful to you for future use.
How to update MX Player AC3 Audio Codec?
After placing codec in your phone, MX player can not fetch it automatically. So you have to manually update it. Let’s check how to update AC3 audio codec in your MX player.
1. Open MX player App in your android. Open the main menu. Then select “Settings“.
2. Now in setting menu select select “Decoder“.
3. Now scroll down Decoder menu list and at last you will find out “Custom Codec“. Also supported custom codec is mentioned just below it. So again clarify that you have downloaded appropriate supported codec format from above list.
For e.g. in this image Arm v7 NEON is given so you have to download first codec from above list.
4. As you choose “Custom Codec” menu the screen of “Select Codec File” appears on your screen. Choose the path of codec and click on it.
5. MX player now ask to restart after fetching your new AC3 Audio codec. Press “OK” button to restart MX player with new updated codec.
Note: Don’t reset setting, a setting to default condition. If you are setting your MX player as default then you will loose this AC3 Audio format again.
Now check the video that wasn’t previously supporting. Hope this guide will helpful to you. Please, comment if you are facing any difficulties in guide.